Monday, June 30, 2008

My Quiet Place

There is one advantage to a baby who wakes early… I get up early too. (I am only able to say this now that he is FINALLY sleeping through the night)

In fact, early morning is a beautiful time of day, particularly up on my roof top. It has become a habit whereby I take my Bible, Baby and Brooks up onto the roof (ie my 20 step walking track through “tropical forest”) for morning quiet time and exercise. While the children play in the sand-pit, I am able to connect with God, learn from Him and take to Him all my concerns and thoughts.

This morning routine combined with a full night’s sleep has done wonders for my outlook and attitude. I love it! So does my family.

Then this week disaster struck. Our landlord wants to build another level on top of our house. This means we have to find another place to live by the end of next month.

Devastated seems a little dramatic. Maybe it would be best to say that I am going through the various stages of grief.

Finding a cool, secure, mosquito-proof, 3 bed-room townhouse with external windows (for natural light and breezes), close to school, AND with a walking track on top is not so easy to find here.

In my morning readings, I am encouraged to...

"Do not worry ... your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seeks first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well". (Matt 6:31a, 32b)

Jesus listed only food, drink and clothes - not a home. Yet, I am determined to trust that He can provide according to my needs.

I just hope He knows that I really need that walking track. Really. Really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should start typing my thoughts. I still write in a notebook longhand and I'm too lazy to rewrite it on my computer. Yes, our Father does know our needs, and wants.
Love You know who.

Yohanna said...

Thanks for your latest blog comments.It is good to know that God provides for our needs. Will pray that you will find another house soon. God bless!