Thursday, August 7, 2008

A small dilemma

As I've previously mentioned, Steve often receives little thank you gifts from grateful patients. These usually consist of fruit picked from home, but of late there has been a larger number of wealthier patients (friends of the Head of the Physio School).

This week, one such patient brought Steve a box of individually wrapped chocolate covered almonds. As Steve is no longer eating dairy foods (including chocolate) for environmental reasons, I discovered it sitting in our fridge, un-opened.

As a loving mother, empathic and healthy wife, environmentally conscious misso, should I...

(a) leave them in the fridge, and offer them to visitors when I would be expected to serve a snack anyway
(b) save them for the children as treats / rewards, sneaking a couple for myself from time to time
(c) join my husband, refuse to eat any myself and give them as a gift to a foreign friend who might be craving chocolate
(d) give them away to a rubbish collector along the street who could use the kilojoules
(e) eat them myself only sharing with anyone who happened to be in the kitchen when a craving hit

(For those who don't know me that well and who are wondering, I went for "e").

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Lisa - I would do exactly the same!!!

Alan said...

I can't comment about the nuts, but isn't chocolate THE primary food group.