Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A rain-soaked morning...


The husband is at Uni. The two older kids at school. The youngest is being baby-sat by Grandma so I can do some work.
As I sit down to the computer, I am astounded again by the beauty of this rain-soaked morning. The bush turkeys from the park across the road were also enjoying it. I couldn’t resist taking a photo to post.
Enough procrastinating… back to work.
+++
I wrote that post in the first week of March. Today is the first morning since then that I have had a chance to actually sit at the computer to get some work done (and it is curiously another of those rare rain-soaked days).
I opened my computer to discover the emails are collecting together and organising a revolt (they have already managed to stop my ability to reply to anyone). A number of work deadlines expired silently due to neglect.
It seems that I am not so good at this work / family balance. One happens while the other is neglected. Obviously the last 6 weeks have been family time.
Now, while I write, my three year old is discovering the many uses of freshly cooked playdough. I expect to be discovering patches of red throughout the house for months to come... all for a good cause, I guess.
(hmm, it is very silent out there... maybe I need to check on the playful Mr Happy first).

2 comments:

Yohanna said...

Thanks for the blogpost. It was a great pic you took! Will continue praying for you all especially with the work/family balance in 2010.

Bonnie Lepelaar said...

getting rid of hardened red playdough for the rest of the year doesn't sound like a good cause! But as you're a sucker for a cause, I thought of you when I saw an ad for "Beyond Greed" by Brian Rosner, published by Matthias Media. "The most disturbing thing about the fact that greed is idolatry is that hardly anybody owns up to being a worshipper. Imagine the response of disbelief in the local church if it were revealed that the vast majority of its members were secretly worshipping other gods. yet if our analysis of the religion of money is right, the unthinkable may not be so far from the truth". Beyond Greed...proposes a liberating lifestyle that trades in greed and materialism for something of far greater worth and satisfaction.

Sounds like something you and Steve could get your teeth into!

Ah, enjoy your lovely views and weather. We've got an early rainy season of sorts, with lots of nasty hot and humid weather.