Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Christmas gift...

Christmas parties and pinjatas. Present shopping with excited little-uns. Nightly carols by candlelight. Cards and parcels arriving via post. A girls’ card making night while the boys baked. An entire Finnish baking day complete with Santa hats. Rolling and giving rum-balls to neighbours. Hosting new team members. Visiting the hospital on Christmas Day with an asthmatic Mr (not-so) Happy. A timely text from Mum. Stuffing myself at a majorly over-catered Christmas dinner.

It was definitely a full Christmas. But what I will remember most this year is this…

… a gift I found in my pigeon hole at the team office. Lovingly wrapped (and stapled) by one of the office workers to whom I am always careful to say Hi. She lost her husband a couple of years ago to cancer, leaving her with two children of similar ages to mine. We often laugh together and sometimes cry together, sharing our stories.

One day I’ll share her story with you. Today I’ll just say “Thanks”.

No comments: