Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Brother and I

Today I had a curious conversation with the neighbour with the bung hand. While Steve treated her (I don’t think she’s been doing her exercises), she told me that Steve and I look like brother and sister.

I laughed. Steve is tall and dark. I am small and blonde(ish). Maybe to her, all foreigners look alike. I’ve certainly had that problem with the Khmer.

She explained that we are both s-daoung (slim), sa-art (beautiful… it’s our pointy noses that hold particular beauty) and sopheap (gentle).

I shook my head in wonder at this last word. Surely, she has heard us yell at the kids in the morning school rush (from time to time). We shared a wall for a year and a half after all! Maybe she has something wrong with her ears as well.

Or maybe (just maybe) she sees Jesus. We have certainly been praying for that … me and my brother.

2 comments:

pip said...

really cool! : )

Anonymous said...

No doubt in my mind...