Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tripping with Mr Happy

Over the last two weeks, Mr Happy and I have been on a whirl-wind tour of our hometown, Brisbane.

While Mr Happy is obsessed with "airfranes", he is not a great passenger and slept fitfully throughout the overnight flight. However, the train in Kuala Lumpur International Airport was much more fun and we rode it many times throughout our 5 hour stopover.

When we finally arrived in Brisbane we hit the ground running. My Mum met us and we were whisked off to our first of many food-intense appointments with family. Extra fuel was necessary because sleep was rare as I tried to stuff every moment with those I love most.

The reason for our trip was my Dad's wedding which was a mixture of happiness for his new-found love and profound sadness that my parents could not find that in their own 37 year marriage.

While I was glad for the opportunity to see everyone, I was very pleased to return home to my own family. They too were very pleased to see me with suitcases packed full with gifts, oats, rice crackers and "pulla" (a favourite Finnish bun lovingly made the day I left).

Surprisingly, settling back here hasn't been difficult as I was reminded once again that my heart is firmly here in Cambodia.

2 comments:

Yohanna said...

Hello Lisa,
Glad that you are back safe and well in Cambodia!
God bless

Kerrie said...

Hi Lisa, great to see you while you were here! It is always nice to get back to our smiling little faces isn't it. xx