Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today's lesson

Just a quick up-date on the card making today.

In usual Khmer-style (which some might also describe as Lisa-style), the plan changed moment by moment and nearly an hour after arriving we were finally all sitting cross-legged around the low table, making the cards. Well, it was actually just the boss, the team leader and one of the girls.. but from my estimation they were the people who were going to run with it anyhow. Lion cub was also there wreaking havoc…

However, at 11am, the boss stopped. It was time for devotion even though none of us had finished the cards. She was confident she could follow the templates I had prepared. Sharing together about Jesus was a greater priority.

I tried to help pack up and the devotion time had already begun by the time I left. As I snuck out to get Lion cub home to bed, I was reminded of my own lack of discipline in spending time with God. I didn’t spend the time to focus on Him this morning and it showed – I was distractible, unorganised and only achieved half of what I had planned.

It is a lesson that I am (embarrassingly) excruciatingly slow in learning … even with a Template!

No comments: