Friday, February 15, 2008

Introducing the gang

As I share about my life in Cambodia, there is often a big part that is left out… my kids. In my blog I have endeavoured to protect them somewhat from the eyes of strangers… even though most are friendly and wonderful and caring.

I think I have a solution, inspired by a visitor who stayed with us and became a friend. Before she left, she gave us some amazingly well-chosen gifts including some figurines that reflected our children’s interests and characters perfectly.

So, let me introduce to you my children.



Velociraptor (6 ¾ years old) is a speedy, meat eating dinosaur with a surprisingly large brain. Favourite past-times include reading dinosaur books, playing soccer and making home-made versions of games found at friends’ places.



Princess (4 ¾ years old) is into all things pink, pretty and luxurious. However, she is also an outdoors girl who will spend hours in the sandpit, singing made up songs with a tiara on her head… and she can definitely hold her own with two brothers.


Lion cub (11 months) is a crawling, roaring, biting, eating machine. He charms everybody with his cheeky smile and alert blue eyes. Unfortunately for Mum, he still isn’t the best sleeper… but we all love him to bits.

They are equal partners and fellow-travellers on this journey of ours. Each of them are growing into beautiful, amazing, spirited young people. I am privileged to be called their Mum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet bet their grandfather "Pappa" is very proud of them. He is a very blessed man to have such a beautiful family.