Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's enough for me

Returning to Cambodia is late July this year was very difficult for me. The memory of life in Australia was fresh, making parts of life here a little hard to swallow. Holding the fort and helping the 3 kids settle and adjust left me with little energy.

My husband, Steve, was hanging around home, waiting on word from the boss as to when the next physio training course would begin. He treated a couple of patients but spent most of his time in language learning. When he finally returned to work six weeks later, it suddenly made life easier for me.

Why? Surely it would have been more difficult without the extra pair of hands to help. No, the stories he brought home from the clinic that day made it all worthwhile.

“Mother of one treated for a bad back is now able to have more children”. “Operation for severe back pain paid for by project funds. Grateful man praises God publicly.”

Not headline stuff, but so important to each of their lives. And that it is enough for me… for the moment anyhow.

No comments: