Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cake not crisis

I haven't blogged for a while. School holidays means that there are plenty of life sharing and stories but my little ones are not so keen on their exploits being exploited. But a new school year has begun and I find myself with a little more space to take a moment to share life.

This time, it's another photo. Steve turned 40 in July and his one request was a cake from Bloom. This was the result. Aren't those girls talented???
His surprise present from me was a book with a whole bunch of messages and photos from friends over the years. As the messages came in, it was humbling to be reminded of the impact of his life on those around him and to recognise this is only a small token compared to the lives he has changed through his healing hands.

He tells me that there is no better place than in the center of God's will... and he tells me he's not joining the mid-life crisis club anytime soon.

Phew! I'm safe for a few more years!

1 comment:

Nellie said...

Outstanding! That is a cake worth keeping - too late! Did it taste as good as it looked? Loved reading your blogs Lisa, insights into Cambodia are very handy right now...keep well! Much love to you all... Janelle