Monday, January 19, 2009

The love of a father

As I shared recently, it is easy to think more highly of ourselves than we should because we lack God’s perspective. Today, I found the clearest picture of what is really happening in my life.

Dick and Rick Hoyt are a father / son team who compete together in marathons and ironman triathlons, except that Rick has cerebral palsy and can’t even walk and talk. He is pushed, pulled and carried through to each finish line by his loving Dad.

Likewise, if I make it to the finish line of Life with shouts and cheers, it is because my broken body is being powered onward by my ever-loving Father.

If you haven’t yet heard of Team Hoyt, watch and be inspired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flRvsO8m_KI

3 comments:

gretchen said...

i first saw this video about 2 years ago- i had just come back from a run and a friend had emailed it to me. i cried. thanks for posting. a great perspective ;)

pip said...

Hi Lisa- yeah...I've seen it before and love this clip! Thanks for writing about it on your blog and Happy Birthday to you too : )

Lisa said...

Yeah. Pretty powerful, hey?

Thanks Pippy. Had a great day that extended into the whole week! I like to spread the fun out...